Sunday, September 13, 2015

The living cafe


This morning I walked around in public holding a quarter slice of a watermelon. I got some pretty strange stares, but I didn't heed them because I was very very excited - I was going running with Ellis! Unfortunately it was too hazy for that - the PSI is over 100, and so we decided to stay indoors and do a work out instead. Ellis was pretty good at it, I was puffing and panting all over the place. We lay and listened to 'Humble' by Audrey Assad for a while after that, and did some yoga to ease our sore muscles.

Before we showered, I had a quarter of a watermelon, and one of Ellis' amazing almost-vegan chocolate tarts. Then we visited the organic grocer near Ellis' place, although we didn't buy anything because it is all so expensive (although I was highly tempted by three nak'd bars for 5 dollars) We kept going, on to The Living Cafe, which I'd been meaning to visit for ages! I was determined to try raw food, since it's a rarity in Singapore, and so I got pesto zucchini pasta, which filled me up SO fast! Ellis had a brown rice bowl, which looked lovely and home-y. I still had room for dessert though (I always do) and got the blueberry 'cheese'cake, and Ellis had an avocado cake. That cheesecake was the best not-cheesecake-cheesecake I have every had (although it still can't beat the REAL pear and cheese cake I had in brunetti. Sigh vegan world you gotta up your game.) and I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be able to have it again before I leave.

We talked about 'if we didn't know sin was sin would it be sin?' (which is sort of like the if a tree fell and no one heard it fall...? question) and role models and pastors and how she might come over to England in December (!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment