Thursday, September 3, 2015

A whole week of bananas

Last week my Dad bought three bunches of bananas. In a couple of days some of them were so ripe they began dropping off the bunches and so every breakfast became an adventure. (Also Banana nice cream is possibly one of my favourite things especially in Singapore's hot weather, and I am so so glad that old bananas go for 10p each in the Cambridge market place.)  



Chocolate and Summerberry Banana Nice Cream (with hidden spinach!)

Blend:

1.5 frozen bananas + a couple of handfuls of frozen summerberries + a handful of spinach + half a cup of oats + some plant milk

2.5 frozen bananas + 2 tablespoonfuls of cocoa powder  + a handful of spinach + half a cup of oats + some plant milk





Banana Pancakes

Blend:

1.5 cups of quick oats + 1 cup plant milk + 1 Banana + cinnamon

Fry that and drown in maple syrup

(Disclaimer: my batter turned out rather thick and heavy when I tried this which wasn't very delicious,  and so the next time I make this, I'm going to add in some water and more plant milk. Also I'm not going to leave it standing for as long as I did, because I realise oats soak up water which was why my batter slowly became thicker and thicker to my dismay!!!)



Spinach and Acai Smoothie Bowl

Blend:

3 frozen bananas + one normal banana + one packet of acai (which I find doesn't have much taste...) + a couple of handful of spinach + half a cup of oats + some plant milk

I topped it with some plain banana nice cream, some of the roasted nuts Auntie Kit Wan gave us (which are completely addictive), bluberries, toasted coconut, chia and some kiwi slices (DID YOU KNOW YOU CAN EAT KIWI SKIN??? I just discovered this and I am completely mind blown)

No comments:

Post a Comment