Friday, September 18, 2015

18/09/2015



'The right reader of a good poem,' said Robert Frost, 'can tell the moment it strikes him that he has taken a mortal wound. That he will never get over it.'

I read this line in 'The poem and the journey' by Ruth Padel and felt like crying - so many pieces of my heart have been hacked out by beautiful words.

Is this what it means to lose one's self? It is as bad as how I imagine falling in love to be. 

In other news I am more than 2/3 through my reading list! I also made 37 cupcakes and probably about trillion hazelnut-cinnamon cookies for tomorrow's gracehaven event and I am ALL. BAKED. OUT. I think this has officially put me off cupcakes just as how continual manning of the wxxfle machine in On The Table made me visually allergic to wxxfles. (Censored to preserve my sanity.)

No comments:

Post a Comment