Friday, April 10, 2015

smile

 

On the way home yesterday after my NHB interview, I stopped by the Artisan Boulangerie Co to get something for Emily since Amadeus was her first drama performance. I browsed the pastries on display (And Oh! what pastries - Pain suisse, challah bread, chocolate tart, fruit tart...) before settling on the pear and almond tart since Emily (like my mother) doesn't like things to sweet.

I noticed there wasn't a cashier and was looking around trying to find one, when I spotted a pair of eyes behind the bread shelf. (The eyes of course belonged to a person) They were funny eyes, accompanied by raised eyebrows in an altogether comical expression. After a short while they eyes and the person emerged from behind the bread.

He smiled at me and I said I'd like one pear and almond tart to go please. He got it, and while he packed it into it's box (I love pastries in boxes) he said 'You have a lovely smile'. Which of course made me blush, and look away. Then I thought 'Well, yes, I do'. So I gave him a big smile.

And so Emily that is the story behind your tart - an interview, a pair of eyes and a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment