Saturday, April 4, 2015

04/04/2015


Sort of sprained my ankle, which on top of the oil burns and the two arms burns from a hot burn and a hot waffle machine means I'm really not doing too hot physically.

But despite that today was a really good day - I realised I hadn't enough credit in my EZ link card to get on the train, and just as I was panicking I bumped into Isaac from church who lent me enough to get a return ticket. We talked some before he got on his train - and I realised how little we talk in church: Did you know he used to do races too? Church community is really amazing even though sometimes I feel so skeptical about it.

I went to work and worked the POS because I didn't want to move around too much to avoid stressing my ankle. I had some very nice customers, although 35 SMU bicyclists came in the morning which meant a barrage of orders but still that was a good warm up for the rest of the day. Two of the SMU guys tried to take my picture 'sneakily' - one would sit with his back to me while the other took his picture and then they would switch places. Onn kiat asked me to smile for them, but I feel uncomfortable with that sort of thing so I just busied myself with reading the sheet that tells me things like additional truffle mayo costs $1. Still, one of the SMU students gave a $11.10 tip which was pretty awesome!

What made my day absolutely was when my family and Christy came to visit! I couldn't serve them or talk much because they came at the busy lunch hour, but just having them was so heart warming. My co-workers told me they thought Hannah looked younger than me and that Tim looked very grumpy (apparently he was embarrassed by how many photographs Dad was taking of the cafe).

Wei Ren offered me a smoke but I said I didn't want to get lung cancer and die. And I ate my bailey's and brownie ice cream (courtesy of Dad) when the slow and hazy after-lunch hour came around.

And great house is just becoming better every single day I read it.

2 comments:

  1. I don't fault them for looking at you cause you are BEAUTIFUL BUT taking photos is just liKE no????? If anyone ever tries to take a picture of you again you can just duck and hide in the fridge with all the fruit juice. Or hide behind the pillar. Or just look at the sink. Or put a paper bag over your head.

    I will do waffles and make sure they get the poisonous batch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ching you are the funniest hahaha I will keep in mind your suggestions ;)

    ReplyDelete