Friday, April 3, 2015

Good Friday



I ran for a whole hour today! (Minus about 5 minutes of resting in between)

I woke up really early, and noticed that the oil burns had formed blisters. I felt slightly sad, because they look rather disgusting, but then I realised no one ever sees my tummy anyways, and so I shrugged on my TKK shirt and started to run. I ran round the neighbourhood, then round Simren's old neighbourhood, and through mediapolis over the highway and back, through the construction site next to Tanglin Trust an down to one north, where I had my rest before walking through the train station and running from one north to Ghim Moh for breakfast.

Interesting things I saw:

1. A woman in a light pink bath robe walking her dog

2. The sun through two gaps in the clouds, like someone had used a heavenly hole puncher

3. A family at the mrt station - 2 young daughters and one young son, one grandfather and one father shouldering a box and a bag

4. A security guard doing arm exercises that looked like he wanted to fly

When I got to Ghim Moh, I found my family and sat with them at a table with 5 old aunties, who kept saying my Mum was 'hen piao liang' (very pretty), and that Tim, Hannah and I took after her. Mum turned to Dad when she heard them saying she was 'hen piao liang' and asked 'dui bu dui?' (Do you agree?) and he of course said 'dui' (yes).

I had a BIG plate of fruit (the usually grumpy uncle gave me a discount!) and a plain prata (I don't know if that's vegan or not but it's a tradition! I also need to find out if chee kueh is vegan) and listened to Hannah and Dad talk about 'managing people' 'building people' and 'setting up systems'.

Happy Good Friday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment