Saturday, April 25, 2015

Public enemy and football gold




After my 7 hour shift today my dad came to fetch me home so I didn't have to walk in the rain. So I avoided that shower but stepped right into a shower of blessings. Dad drove me home and I had 2 slices of my chocolate and beet cake (recipe below) and listened to "A life that's good" by Lennon and Maisy which reminded me again how safe and loved I am.

Me and Mum went to watch a play (Public Enemy) after that, which was quite a good play! Very professional acting and set/costume and a very political message which I didn't entirely agree with but I thought they presented very piercing truth in the short space of 2 hours.

Read a little bit of 'The Mill on the floss' on the bus back and I realised how much I missed George Eliot.

And Tim's football team WON THE PREMIER DIVISION UNDER 16s!! FIRST PLACE!!! Bursting with pride for my wonderful brother.

Beet & Chocolate Cake

2/3 cup olive oil
1/2 cup honey
50 g chocolate chips
250 g (around 2 cups) raw beetroots, grated
3 eggs
1 cup self raising flour
1/2 cup wholewheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
5 tbsp cacao powder
a pinch salt
butter for greasing

Preheat the oven to 180°C. Warm the oil in a medium size sauce pan on very low heat. Add mhoney and chocolate and stir until the chocolate is melted. Remove from heat. Add the grated beets. Whisk the eggs in a small bowl and then add them to the sauce pan. Sift flour, baking powder, cacao powder and salt together and stir into the beet mixture. Grease a cake tin with butter and the batter. Bake for 25 minutes or until slightly dark and crackelated on top and still a little sticky inside. Enjoy!

Adapted from: http://www.greenkitchenstories.com/decadent-beet-chocolate-cake/


No comments:

Post a Comment