Tuesday, April 21, 2015


Poor Hannah has Hand Foot and Mouth disease. Because it's highly contagious, she uses a separate set of cutlery and a separate toilet and every time she uses my lap top I have to wipe it with anti septic wet-wipes before using it. She can't go out of the house and meet people in case they catch it from her and on top of this isolation she feels sicky.

I think she misses people the most, because she thrives on the love of her friends and good conversation. Her quarantine reminded me of the lepers who used to stay outside the walls of Jerusalem, shouting 'Unclean! Unclean!' (Leviticus 13:45-46  "The leprous person who has the disease shall wear torn clothes and let the hair of his head hang loose, and he shall cover his upper lip and cry out, ‘Unclean, unclean.’ He shall remain unclean as long as he has the disease. He is unclean. He shall live alone. His dwelling shall be outside the camp.")

I hope she gets better soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment