Thursday, January 15, 2015

14 Jan



I broke Mum's laminator today, and spent2-3 hours unjamming and repairing it (by unscrewing the whole thing and then pulling the stuck pouch out through brute force, and then screwing it all together again)

Fellowship was rather good as usual, this time on the Naomi, Orpah and Ruth's responses in the face of calamity (despair, pragmatism, faithfulness). The amazing thing about Caleb is that he manages to link everything back to Christ. Ruth, the unlikely heroine, is a parallel  to Christ, our unlikely new testament hero. She dies to self to commit to Naomi, who believed she was cursed by God (And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God: Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: the LORD do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me.), just as Christ died to take on our sins and deflect God's wrath. She also epitomised what we must undergo to perfectly cleave/cling to Christ - we must die to our own selves and sin and be raised to life in Christ. I think Ruth is fast becoming my favourite book in the Bible!!! And also I want Ruth 1:16-17 to be my marriage verse.

After fellowship I passed my vegetarian manifesto to Caleb (a bundle of facts on how vegetarianism saves food, saves the earth, saves money, saves yourself and saves animals from suffering), and had a really nice conversation with Andrew Quah (winner of the best conversation of my evening award). While explaining what history in ACJC is like to Anders Quah i missed my bus stop and got off somewhere near Anchorpoint!!! But i got home fine.

1 comment: