Sunday, January 11, 2015

11 Jan



Today was the best Sunday I've had since 2015 began

I treated myself to hot chocolate (with froth!!!) in the morning, and had honey toast and an apple on the way to church. Also I was very pleased that a combination of overnight braids and a slight misting of hairspray meant my hair didn't fall boring-flat-straight again.

In Church, Pastor Arnold gave a message on craving/growing in/delighting in God's word. I thought of when I was in Ellis' church camp and I craved the Bible so much that I spent most of the messages flipping through it just lapping up verses. You never really know how much you really love the word of God until you lose it - as Emily said once long ago "Life without God is poo" (Still remains one of my secret life mantras tbh)

After that, I went for lunch with Nic (leaving tomorrow), James, Chirsty and Hannah. Christy and I listened to Bastille's blame on the way there (Fall upon your knees/Sing ‘this is my body and soul here’/Fall upon your knees/Sing ‘you’ve got the power and control’) They all had burgers from Relish and I bought sushi and sticky buns.

Lunch was hilarious/I will always adore the westies. We talked about Chris' car and how we should take a road trip in it (perfectly hipster), we talked about vegetarianism, and for some reason that led us to talking about whether women can breast feed forever. James had to Google it and the results were apparently inconclusive (James said an article about a woman breast feeding her 9 year old daughter was proof but I refuse to believe it's forever)

Nic's girlfriend Nat joined us then, and she was so beautiful. And she also helped to support my vegetarian arguments by using her very logical scientific knowledge about the food chain which is now a new argument I should add to me list/manifesto. James, Christy and I left soon after to go to groovygifts so that James could find Rebecca a present. I went around smelling the sniff stickers (I want the vanilla one made into a perfume oh) , and checking out the other cool things there (astronaut ice cream!!! temporary tattoos for a dollar!!!! slinkys!!!)

On the way to the MRT, James picked up the round metal part of a car wheel, just for keepies. (We managed to get a plastic bag from Cheers to partially obscure it)  Then we tried  Christy's new bought 'FAD' candy sticks before we went into the station (~No eating or drinking is allowed in stations or on trains~) According to James they tasted like

'Crayons'

And so we used them to draw on the pavement. So if you see "JAMES WAS HERE" and "MIRIAM WANTS A SCHOLARSHIP" on the pavement near Cluny Court, do know it's edible and biodegradable and do not judge us too harshly.

At home, after just lazing around for a while, I went downstairs to play soccer with Tim (My legs are b r u i s e d) and I actually scored a few goals!!! Although most of them was when we played every man for himself (I don't work that great in teams sigh)and were largely flukes. We continued to play even when it began raining, and then pouring, and we stopped only when I realised that I had brought both my diary and my phone in Tim's bag and they were probably getting soaked.

After depositing the diary and phone in the lobby, Tim and I went out again in the down pour and splashed about, and then acted as good national citizens by unclogging the engorged drians for a river of rainwater to rush through.

No comments:

Post a Comment