Wednesday, December 28, 2011

christmas

This year's christmas was totally and absolutely crazy.
First of all we got home from the airport at about 6 pm on christmas eve.
Then my mum did her crazy i'm a spick and span house wife and my children should keep the house clean thing, so we had to all change our bed sheets and keep out of her way while she mopped and hoovered the floor (not simultaneously, though i bet she wishes she could!) which failed for me since i was about to start baking for cupcakes t bring to church the next day and in my haste i spilled the box of cocoa all over the floor. That was NOT easy to clean up, i assure you, and i had to ask my sister to watch the door and make sure my mum didn't come in to see the disaster.
Then when i finished baking all that i had to cook it in my neighbour sue's microwave because ours very conveniently decided to die right at that moment. But in the end they all managed to cook and only 3 were burnt.
On christmas day we woke up and very excitingly we had presents from father christmas :) i got 2 face masks, promising to relax my face (how on earth do you relax a face?), a kit kat (which mysteriously disappeared last night...), a book about a cambodian crime spree (which i saw my mum buy in cambodia and I had read through half by the time i got back to singapore) a bag of Santa chocolates (which i have been melting in the microwave as a substitute for nutella) and a mug to replace the one i broke earlier this year.
Then we hurried to church (my mum kept complaining that service at 9 am in the morning was probably designed to ruin christmas) and had an acapella worship service that actually sounded amazing.
After that we had lunch with the care group and i got my present from emily which was AWESOME :) i got a little toy orang utan (that reminded me of the late Ah Meng), a hair slide and rose stone necklace from taiwan, a letter M, a giraffe key chain and a VERY interesting letter.
And so my christmas was surprisingly good :) felis navidad everyone and merry christmas (there's still what? 8 days left right?)

2 comments:

  1. erm, was Christmas with me so boring that you can't elaborate on what we did? jk. but seriously.

    and you forgot the very nice gold leaf earrings and beautiful elephant necklace that i gave you :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. no i was just really tired...sorry aboyut the earrings and the necklace!!!! i love them super much alot!!!!!

    add to this post: and emily also gave me these super nice leaf earrings (which reminded me of some silver ones she had that she lost) and an elephant necklace from FOREVER 21 (our favorite shop i think) which i can wear with my new aladdin pants from cambodia :))

    ReplyDelete