Monday, March 23, 2015

Wise words


'Don't feel bad because where you're headed you'll have so many chances to help people. That's what you do where ever you go.' - Emily Wong Chiun Yun

Remember that post about me feeling terribly selfish? Well, the feeling intensified over the weekend especially when my Dad told me to please decline the Roslin Orphanage trip in case any scholarship interviews surface in that period. I sort of felt, in that moment, that I had just sealed the deal to become a boring, one track student fixated on just getting to university while these 8 months where I have the opportunity to explore myself and other people just drift by.

Thankfully Luk Ching and Emily reminded me that the human right of helping should not be constrained by location or comfort or finance. Two friends reminded me today that every single foot print I leave in another person's life can either help them or not. I hope I do.

(Also, this is Emily being one-with-nature just like her favourite princess Pocahontas)

No comments:

Post a Comment