Monday, March 23, 2015

23/03/2015




It was another golden morning. 

I woke up and began making pancakes until I heard of the passing of Lee Kuan Yew, which was so strange. I felt like I was living in that moment where you just know that your country is stepping from the fold of one era into the unknown of another. So the first founding father is gone, and I suppose it's time we find our way with the help of his son. I can't imagine what it would be like to be Lee hsien loong right now. A grief made necessarily public (his address was given at 8am this morning and his voice wavered and broke but he did it. He definitely did it.) but so necessarily private as well, as he continues to lead the country while dealing with this. So many people are praying for Lee Kuan Yew's soul now but I'm going to be slipping in an extra special prayer for his son.

I completed the pancakes and then got ready to leave the house.

I saw the resident rooster and hen on my run to the bus stop.

I just caught the bus on time.

I only waited about 5 minutes before Vi joined me and another 5 before Ali came and we found a lovely picnic spot in Botanic gardens, under the shade of a tree. 

This was our SPREAD


Catching up with them after such a long absence was so nice. They are the vestiges of my choir life and such wonderful people to have around. Ali is working in the night safari, Vi has become MANAGER of the steamboat restaurant she works in, and I'm still just a waitress with big dreams. But all of us are happy and that is what matters.

We talked about things like Lee Kuan Yew's passing, work, Pastors and Popes, Christianity and church going, and finished all the pancakes.

Not a crumb of doubt I love these two.

No comments:

Post a Comment