Saturday, March 14, 2015

Pressed Solitude



Today on the train I also realised that I'm really happy on my own right now.

In the romantic way.

I suppose at this stage in my life I'm beginning to fall in love with myself. Perhaps its all the time I have alone to myself now, especially when I swim and I can't even have the distraction of music in the background. I realise that just having time to think to myself is precious and amazing - I never knew my brain would slip through the strands of thought so easily and come up with such amazing concoctions.

I used to always imagine being with someone, and life was sort of just a waiting-at-the-train-station for love to come along. But today as I read and saw the little child opposite me and ran my tongue over the rough edges of my new bottom teeth braces, I realised that I'm captivated by the freedom I have right now. I find joy in the mundane-est things now, taking a shower, sitting down for breakfast, frying up a big bunch of spinach for lunch, grocery shopping after dinner with dad, train rides, tying the laces of my Nikes... I have so much autonomy to pursue self-improvement, splash through life's puddles and listen to wonderful soundtracks (Nuovo Cinema Paradiso) They always say God made some people for singleness, and now I see how that could actually work and be a very happy happenstance.

2 comments:

  1. da heck bottom braces???????????????

    also yes I agree with you!!! I'm compiling a little montage of happy moments in my head. Everything from a family devouring a waffle with three ice cream scoops (strawberry, cookies and cream and chocolate), and an old man in a beige blazer on a red scooter with a small brown-haired boy sitting behind him!!! Both wearing helmets!!!!!!!!! So cute!!!

    ReplyDelete