Friday, November 2, 2012

unphotographable


As you all might or might not know,
i'm kind of a really lazy photographer
Any photos i take on my family's modest silver canon usually stay there until someone (usually my father) puts them in the computer or gets them developed (i prefer the tangibility)
so my friends never rely on me to pictorially document whatever events we go to. in fact, most of the photos on my facebook account are from my friends cos i find uploading photos too fiddly and time consuming
anyway, so there's this fantastic blog: http://www.unphotographable.com/
which takes pictures with words.
and i thought, hey i can do that
so here are my pictures from the past week and this gives you a rough i idea of brief flashes of o level and the times in between

1) this is a picture i didn't take of a not stunningly beautiful st Margaret's girl sitting on the bus next to her friend. the sun was shining with that evening copper colour that you get in the most beautiful music videos and movies (especially in memory sequences) and the sun shone on her hair and turned it to gold and fire and for a moment she was the most beautiful girl in the world and no one around her existed

2) this is a photograph i did not take of myself in the pouring rain as i squelched across the railway track and the pavement near it and i saw a frog, very chubby, hop along the path and dive into a small pond and swim away through the fronds of grass

3) This is a photograph i did not take of an indian man in the government park near my house, standing on his head in just trousers, with his hands folded behind his neck. He stayed like that for the duration of my walk from the pavement by the road to the gap in the hedge that leads to the train track (or as i call it, the gap)

4) This is a photograph i didn't take of my new neighbour Laurel (Lorel?) In her flowery nighty and pink crocs and with a hogwarts robe over her tiny frame lisping "i'm harry potter", showing little milk teeth and a nervous smile.

5) This is a photograph i didn't take of my self sloshing along in the rainwith a completely wet lower half of my uniform and being splashed by a car that drove through a puddle

6) This is  photograph i didn't take of indian tree pruners sprawled outside the lobby and one actually in the lobby with his head resting near the blue chair and some kind of cloth over his eyes, sleeping. And this is me, the photographer, with a strange feeling of peace as i looked at him because absolute sleep is beautiful to see and he looked so vulnerable and young. It was strange tip toeing around all their bodies to get upstairs, kind of like i was walking through the aftermath of a battle, with dead bodies strewn round.

So. more of these to come, when i feel like it. getting back into blog writing is strange but it feels good.

(p.s. to ye of little faith who deleted me off your favourites bar...PUT ME BACK ON i'm here again as you can see)

No comments:

Post a Comment