Saturday, November 3, 2012

morbid questions


walking home yesterday, i wondered,
"if i died right now, would my parents cremate me ore bury me?"
cremation seems the more likely option because of space limited singapore where sand is more important than gold and the living are more important than the dead.

but if given the option, i was wondering how exactly i'd like to be buried (because burial seems more lovely. My family can visit my grave instead of swim in a sea peppered with my ashes)

i thought of somewhere in england, somewhere i like, like maybe the churchyard where my grandad is buried, or near the millpond, or in the back garden of silver birches or on the island of bungaboojay in the land of poojay.

and i'd probably like to have things i loved put around me, like simon bear and andrew and floppy joe and totty, and maybe books like alone on a wide wide sea, a thousand splendid suns and thomasina (which would be slightly strange since it's about a cat that dies but doesn't die) and a verse engraved on my headstone, either psalm 121 or 27 (i'd need a pretty humongous headstone for those though), which happen to be my favorite verses now, and little trinkets i keep like my kiss stone from desaru and the headless horseman i found in grandma's garden, and the teacup (the last survivor of my doll's teaset), and the fairy coin given to me by ellie and the elephant given to me by emily.

how about you?


No comments:

Post a Comment