Friday, November 9, 2012

shopping with the shopper girl

 
so yesterday's yesterday i went out shopping after the incredibly hard higher chinese paper
although clothes shopping is meant to be a girl thing
for some reason i can't appreciate it that much
after about an hour or 2 of constant walking and browsing my feet ache, my tummy starts moaning quietly to itself and my eyes become desensitized to the clothes aroud me and long for the straight line of words in a book.
Perhaps its also cos my clothes shopping choices aren't always good.
and i'm limited in what to buy because of my knowledge of what effort it takes to save up all my pocket money, and it feels so unright to just blow 50 dollars on a t shir or something like that.
then again, i do enjoy certain kinds of shopping, like shopping in MINDS or at bookfairs and oxfam/britishheartfoundation/other charity shops in england, even on a rainy day
i actually really enjoyed myself for the first part of the shopping, when yaxuan, weixin and i went to make a build a bear. it was my first time and it was really fun helping them pick out clothes and putting a satin heart inside it's stuffing, taking the bear pledge. it was really sweet and exciting.
Then we walked around and went to paper market which was so entracing there was so many things i wanted, glittery paper, printed paper, notebooks, planners, stamps, cloth flowers, cloth leaves, paper flowers.... oh it was a craft heaven!
but of course i had a limited budget, and so i made myself buy only 4 pieces of paper and a set of animal notebooks i'm going to use to jot down my musings, memory verses, sights etc they'll be like portable mini diaries. some i'll give away because i don't think i need 8 diaries!

i really admire wei xin's capacity for stamina and joy for shopping. i kind of envy her ability to enjoy it so much. When i shop with her she comes alive alive and i feel slightly like a dead weight impeding her happiness... but oh well, people are made different.

No comments:

Post a Comment