Saturday, November 3, 2012

bus rides



today on the bus ride home i was lugging 2 shopping bags of milk, shittake mushrooms, tim tams, coon tasty cheese, lasgna sheets and san remo penne. so i was really hoping and hoping that there would be a seat for me so i could put the bags down and rub the raw pink marks off my arms
the only space i saw was this seat next to a woman
whose hand bag covered about half the seat
obviously, she was saying
"I want to make people think i really am a gracious citizen and offering the seat next to me but really i don;t want people sitting next to me especially if they are smelly, have loud noisy children or talk loudly on their phone"
but i was so tired i didn't really give anything and so i just plonked myself on the seat, narrowly missing her bag which she grudgingly pulled away after i started making myself more comfortable

On yesterday's bus ride home from school, i was sitting right at the back which i like because it feels like you are being pulled by the bus (i don;t know how to explain the feeling)
and i saw this old man whose legs looked really red ans sore
and he was painfully pulling himself out of his seat to get off the bus
and somehow i was just struck with an incredible feeling of sadness and injustice
Why did that poor old man have to suffer? Why did he have to endure pain on a daily basis?
Was there anyone to rub cream on his legs and hug him?
I felt so sad for his that i had to do shaky breaths to stop myself from weeping a bit
obviously that was very strange and a man in sunshades actually took off his sunshades and gawked at me.

And the day that it rained very very heavily before my biology o level, i had to wear my red slippers and carry my school shoes to prevent them from turning into moldering swamps of smelliness
and my school dress was half light blue and half dark blue from the rain. So i squelched up on to the bus and almost slipped on the stairs and had to untie my hair so it could dry and i wouldn't get a clogged up head which is not desirable when you want to do a biology paper. And i swear everyone on the bus was judging me.

No comments:

Post a Comment