Saturday, November 12, 2016

Unpoetic things



Last week I dropped my pot of rice all over the floor.

When running, I saw the clouds folded, and, looking for a simile, I tried to liken it to the ripple on a pond. But the truthful part of my mind told me that it actually looks more like the dappled cellulite on my thighs.

Today while running I saw a pile of fresh horse poo on the road - so fresh it was steaming in the cold morning air. I saw the horses hoof prints in the mud track later on, but no horse. I scraped the mud out of the grooves in my shoes into the toilet.

The benches in the lecture theatre here have backrests that end halfway down, so there's a space between that and the seat. Today, the person behind me shifted his foot slightly, and accidentally nudged my butt, and I (who'd been almost asleep) jerked at the shock.

I've discovered that my toothpaste has glycerin (aka animal fat) in it, and my washing up liquid has whey in it. Why. My washing up liquid doesn't need to bulk. My teeth don't need tallow on them. What a world.

When I said hello to the Jubilee centre people a few weeks ago, in reply to their 'Have a good week! See you!' I blurted out 'See you too!'

No comments:

Post a Comment