Saturday, January 9, 2016


The last morning before I go back to Cambridge. I'm sitting in Grandma's lounge, in an arm chair.

When I can't think of what to write I bite my thumbnail and slide my other hand into the warm spot beneath my robe, just under my right clavicle.

We watched Amelie (which is a masterpiece)this morning, and I polished off half a packet of rice crackers. (I love the sound of the 'crunch' of a rice cracker, like the sound of a sharp knife slicing through coriander stems, or the 'crack' when you break the top sugar layer of creme brulee with a teaspoon)

I've wrapped a set of willow pattern crockery to take back with me, first in newspaper then in clothes.

Last night I baked a chocolate and banana cake without following a recipe, and I prayed for a sunny day yesterday and God’s smile broke through the clouds in the morning, and so I went for a lovely leisurely run, stopping often to rest my ankles and just bask in the sunlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment