Saturday, January 23, 2016

Bl-uesday



Tuesday was my down day this week. Mostly because it was my essay deadline and I was completely unprepared and uninspired for it.

Apart from the not-so-hot essay, I had two not-so-hot lectures, a not-so-hot lunch, and another fall off my bicycle (knees this time, but I am now better equipped with plasters)

I did manage to get to the Hulsean lecture I had been rushing to when I fell off my bicycle, slightly shocked and shaky, and sat down on the floor since there were no more spaces on seats, and squirmed inwardly as my foot slowly fell asleep.

And on the way home from Focus, a taxi beeped at me aggressively, which in my mind was the worst possible thing that could happen after a day of nerves and not-being-enough, and I when I got back to my room I had a little cry - and then, the verse from Lamentations 3:22-23 floated into my head 'The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.' 

I changed into clean pajamas, wrapped my feet in the snuggly socks from Nat, and thanked God for making night as a natural closure to bad days, and morning as the natural beginning of a new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment