Tuesday, January 5, 2016

4/1/2016



Today I finished 2 books (SUCCESS! and 6 more to go!) as well as the last of my almond butter (6 days without almond butter oh horrors!), discovered old stamp albums belonging to my Grandfather, Mum and Auntie Sarah, as well as one of Mum's old dolls and quite a few of her old diaries.

In the same cupboard was a large metal tin which had the year '2005' written on it, and when I opened it I found a large honey comb, dry by now of course, some of its perfect hexagons still with dead bees nestled inside. It rustled as it slid along the metal as I tried to balance on the bed, and when I softly touched one hexagon I felt a slight crumble under my fingers and hastily withdrew.

I also found a box of trinkets, including tiny glazed pottery vases, two pearl necklaces, a large clump of very soft and long grey hair (I wonder whose? I wonder why?), some buttons and school badges, and a hospital wristlet which had 'David H Chandler' and 'Silver Birches' written on it, which must have been from when he was sick in 1998 (to me, my grandfather never died because I can't remember him dying - his death happened but he did not die)

The cat scratched grandma, and it made my heart hurt to see the two plasters on the back of her hand and arm. But that didn't stop her from dramatically singing along to 'I could have danced all night' as we ate dinner.

I probably lay in bed most of the day, including lunch which I ate out of the rice cooker pot.

I was quite glad when my phone ran out of battery after dinner and might not recharge it until I finish the 'Faerie Queene'.

I still have no New Year Resolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment