Friday, January 29, 2016

28/01/16


Yesterday I watched two swans parachute down onto the water, their wings out wide.

My lecturer spoke at a million miles an hour on Milton and Regicide.

I bought ballet clothes, two post cards, gloves, and a sweater that reminded me of a speckled egg from a hospice charity shop. (Although the ballet wear was from Attitude)

During ballet class I held my wrist with my hand and wondered if, since we all have different finger prints, different sensory ridges that convey touch, do things feel subtly different to different people? Things like 'clammy' and 'rough' and 'smooth' would feel the same but what about the presence of the person through their skin, would I feel just as me to someone else as I feel to me? Do I convey different messages to different people through my skin, like some sort of dermatology morse code?

'...may your strength match the length of your days' Deuteronomy 33:25

No comments:

Post a Comment