Sunday, August 16, 2015

16/08/2015

Today Wen Pin gave a completely brilliant sermon (punctuated with bashful 'Do pardon me while I drink a bit of water' requests) about how while we often worry about how to twist and turn and find the right corners and roads to God's will for our lives (Does God want me go here? Does God want me to work here? Does God want me to date his person?), what we really need to do is fix our gaze upon the mountain-in-the-distance Will of God which is simple: to become more Christ-like as we wait for and take hope in Christ's return.

And the way to do that is by bearing the fruit of good works for others that comes from a steadfast faith in Jesus Christ, increasing in the knowledge of God (with the precious resource of the Bible which so many people don't have access to in their own language), being strengthened to endure and persevere by the power of God, and giving thanks always because we have been saved! (Colossians 1:9-14)

After the sermon, Emily and I went downstairs and I spied a figure in all black sitting at the end of the youth corner table, and LO AND BEHOLD it was CHRISTY WU KUI who I haven't seen for almost three months.

Emily and I immediately descended on her with hugs and I was smiling so much to finally see her.

She was the highlight of my day even though she was wearing black from head to toe.

No comments:

Post a Comment