Monday, August 17, 2015

12.6



Today's run was a bit of an adventure. I decided to go somewhere I'd never been - left down the old railway track opening. I brought my watch this time, because I didn't want to be caught in an unknown place (that has no street light, or proper paving) after the sun had set.

After about 30 minutes, I was about to turn back, when I saw a black and white pole in the distance and thought - that would make a very nice turning point, and so I ran towards it. When I got to it, I stopped. I had intended to just turn round and run back, but right in front of me was a concrete sign saying 'Bukit Timah' and below it 'Singapura | Woodlands' and behind it a low, old building with a red roof.

I had run all the way to the old KTM railway station at Bukit Timah.

I had run all the way to Bukit Timah.

I really want to forever remember this day when I RAN ALL THE WAY TO BUKIT TIMAH

I was sort of unbelieving and I was going to ask one of the maids walking their dogs there 'Uhm, do you know where I am?' But on second thoughts I thought they might be spooked or think I had amnesia or something, and so I just turned around and ran back. I couldn't stop smiling all the way back, partly because I had run further than I intended (without any stitches PRAISE GOD) and also because there was a cool wind starting up and I felt like my guardian angels were fanning me with their mighty wings as I jogged along on my two little feet.

God gave me a playlist in my head all the way home, from 'Shepherd' to 'O Great God' and 'My Heart is Filled with Thankfulness' and even a self made song right there and then that only had the words 'Worthy is the Lamb Jesus Jesus'.

No comments:

Post a Comment