Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Work mishaps


Yesterday I was walking through star vista on the way to the mrt station from tuition.

I was walking past Vardi and Migdal, which ALWAYS has staff outside offering free things (in a totally wasteful fashion - they have tiny plastic bottles of hand cream in a relatively large plastic bag, and this time they have me a $10 voucher in another relatively large plastic bag) I was stopped by the staff, who gave me one of those bags and started asking me about my 'skin care routine'.

So I truthfully told them, "Uhm I actually don't do skincare. I don't even cleanse."

The guy was aghast, "You don't even bathe?!?!"

"Of course I bathe! I just don't cleanse." I replied.

And at that precise moment, I heard a low "Meee-ree-yum" behind me, and I turned round to see Leonard, my manager at On the Table.

(Oh my lord, did he hear me say I don't cleanse?!?!)

But things got worse. The staff member chose that opportune moment to say, "Ah, the husband is here."

I wished I could give him back his plastic bag with the $10 voucher in it to make him take that back. Utter embarrassment. Hopefully Leonard didn't hear it, but anyway after that he asked me if they were pestering me and I said "A little." (Quietly so they couldn't hear) and walked off with Leonard who was trying to find the MRT station like me.

Except, because my automatic reaction after embarrassing situations like this is to run and hide, my feet led me in the direction of the toilet and when I realised that I had to about turn and tell Leonard "Whoops, WRONG direction."

And this was on top of accidentally spilling a whole bottle of apple and ginger juice on the bar counter on Sunday because I wanted to mix the pulp around before I served it, and so I turned it upside down without realising that it had been uncorked.

Someone isn't getting a pay rise.

No comments:

Post a Comment