Saturday, May 23, 2015

22/05/2015


A cafe conversation:

(After I had told basically everyone about the wonderful wonderful heavensent dragon fruit sale in Cold Storage)

Kai Jing: Do you watch Game of Thrones?

Me: No, but I know bits of it. I know there's a lady with dragons.

Kai Jing (to Glen): Eh, she knows about  Daenerys.

Kai Jing (to me): Yeah, she's the Queen of Dragons. I think you are the Queen of Dragonfruits.

I wholly and happily accept that title.

Also, today a boy walked into the cafe carrying an armful of leaves,  I had to quickly turn to the Victoria Arduino coffee machine and have a giggle.

After work, Ben, Van and I went to Paddy Hills to get dessert. We shared the Berry Ricotta Hotcake and Orange Ricotta Pillows. I didn't like the orange one so much, because citrus pancakes are not really my thing (or citrus desserts in general, unless it's lemon, in which case I'm helpless) But oh that hotcake. It was huge, and expensive, and completely delicious. The berries were large, and so generous (relative to the teensy portion I had in Dolce Tokyo with Weixin)

I took this from someone else's blog - I really don't have the photography skills to produce a picture as gorgeous as this.
I realise I missed Ben while he was in army confinement- he's retarded, and annoying, and pretty much my anti-thesis (and he talks too much, especially about the 8 core values of the SAF) but he's a good friend. He also let me feel his newly shaven head which feels just like Tim's! Soft and downy one way and like a bristly man's stubbly chin the other.


 On the way home, we stopped at ACJC to collect our Graduation Certificates and said hello to Jiao Lian, as well as the Indian security uncle who is my favourite, along with the old Chinese uncle (although it's a pity that they don't get along.)

I also went into Cold Storage and lived up to my new title by buying 5 dragon fruits!!! As well as soy milk, salmon (by my Mum's request) and wholewheat pasta for the picnic tomorrow. And the most wonderful serendipity happened, as I stopped in the book store in the train station, and my eye fell on Dubliners, Villette and...NORTH AND SOUTH (Emily I can hear your future scream), all books that are part of my Cambridge reading list that I have to finish before term starts! At $5 a piece! So so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment