Thursday, May 28, 2015

See you later alligator



Yesterday was one of my Mum's clients last days as her student. As I was getting my dinner ready before fellowship (smashed avo with tomato and mushrooms on toast), I could hear his voice, the thin and piping voice of a young boy, float from the backroom, with words that just melted my heart

"Ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, one!"

"I love you, Miss Helen!"

When he came out of the session, he ran to the balcony to feed our turtles, his weekly 'reward' after a session.

His usual other weekly tradition is saying "See you later alligator!" to my Mum as he leaves. This week, when he was at the door, he clung on to my Mum and said "I want to come for speech therapy for...for a THOUSAND years!"

and

"What happens if I come and knock on the door tomorrow?"

and

"I love you, Miss Helen!"


Heart in mouth.


Other notable weekly news:

-Rishab's chickens have hatched six eggs - we now have 6 little chicks to protect from the cats and myna birds!

-I had banana nice cream with crumbled chocolate cake for breakfast for two days running

-Luk ching brought me a sticky bun for our Wednesday shift

-I went to the doctor's to sort out these puzzling and slightly painful little red dots that have been growing on my right arm (sorry for the grossness but bodies just do this sometimes) and it wasn't shingles or anything like I had been worrying about, just a little infection that is localised and noninfectious and it will be gone in 2 weeks if I faithfully use some antibiotic cream.

-I'm getting into the rhythm of reading Virginia Woolf's stream-of-consciousness writing (It's amazing how different reading a book for the first and second time can be! Also, stream-of-consciousness really plays with your brain: Everything falls into place, but slightly out of pace with how it would if you saw it with your eye or read it in prose. It's almost like seeing into another time-space)

-The NLB offered me a scholarship too! With strange terms! Will write about that another day, but for now I need to seriously pray and think about which path is better for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment