Saturday, March 10, 2012

faster than a bullet


today i went running (as promised about three posts down)
some cosmic force must have been disgusted at my lame attempts to start (i would run for about 30 seconds, then stop because of a pain at my left lower abdomen, and then walk for a long long long time)
so it sent two (how do i say this) catalysts for me to actually start running properly.
First was the dog.
I'd been walking some time and i saw i card on the road.
curious, i picked it up.
it was a cash card
'dangerous to leave it on the road' i thought so i went to throw it away
but the minute i straightened up, i saw the dog
it was sandy coloured and staring at me.
i started walking again
i jumped up and ran at me growling
to prevent myself from suffering any harm i ran really fast, away from the dog (i know this is a stupid thing to do when a dog chases you but this one stopped. perhaps it was tired)
after a while i slowed down to a jog and surprise surprise, my tummy no longer hurt!
Then the second providential event happened.
it started drizzling. then raining. then pouring
it was so cooling to run in the rain, and i kept going until i realised that i was running in my new shoes which probably would not appreciate getting wet. so i stopped.
and now i'm waiting for my cookies to bake.

No comments:

Post a Comment