Friday, February 10, 2012

in a tight corner


today, after having delicious ice cream in ESTIVO's gelato :), i had to take the bus to my chinese tuition.
the bus (owing to the ridiculous amount of people concentrated in this tiny island) was full. Jammed full.
But of course, i was already very late so i squeezed myself on (being thin does have its perks)
unfortunately, being thin also meant i was subjected to being shoved into the corner of the bus near the door. Fine, i thought, i'll have an easier job when it comes to having to get off the bus.
I was sadly mistaken.
Before my stop, there were about 4 stops. In the first stop, as the doors opened, i found myself being pushed into the back of the person next to me. Not a nice experience.
before the next stop, i decided to stand next to the door, thinking that when it opened i would fit next to it.
I grossly underestimated my width.
so when the door opened, this time i wasn't pushed, i was squashed.
Wedged between the folding door and the edge of the coin collecting machine, as the door opened, i was squeezed.
it was painful, to say the least.
Flood of melodrama:
I could feel the hard rubber edge of the door digging into my ribs and slowly squeezing. My hips were being crushed, slowly, agonizingly. Wriggling awkwardly, i tried to extricate myself without drawing attention to myself, despite the conspicuousness of my position. but i was stuck, trapped.


Yes, i eventually got out when the door opened but i dare say someone will have bruises to show for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment