Tuesday, January 24, 2017

24/1/2017 - morning



The whole of last night was that really tiresome state of telling myself I need to sleep nut not being able to. First I thought it was because I'd been lying too long on my right side, so I turned over one way and the other and then remembered that 'tossing and turning' is the definition of a bad night's sleep so I tried to be still. Then I thought it was because I was still wearing my sports bra, so I took that off. And after a while more I realised it was because I had foolishly drunk a cup of tea at 5.30pm and my pathetic caffeine intolerance was acting up.

So I consigned myself to a bad night's sleep, and woke up early and went to the gym. I was hoping there wouldn't be anyone there, but there was a girl doing an ab an yoga workout, which I deeply envied as I did my warm up on the treadmill and then begun speed intervals. But once I put on music it got better - Hillsong is a very good soundtrack for running, although part of me was thinking 'I wonder if playing religious music in the gym is allowed in a secular college?' Abs-and-yoga girl left and I turned up the volume of my music (which was playing out loud because I left my earphones in Grandma's house) Just as the music went into the bridge with a loud and intense 'JEEEESUUUUSSSSS' another girl walked in. God's own comic timing.

So Tuesday mornings will be my interval mornings, and after that I got back and decided to make banana bread and may I say it was the most heavenly banana bread ever - a slightly crunchy 'crust', soft, light crumb and melty chunks of chocolate chip and banana that I didn't quite mash completely. Ah, heaven.

I decided to wear my ostentatious gold hanging leaf earrings to lectures because life is too short.

No comments:

Post a Comment