Friday, September 6, 2013

Phone blocks and sugar shots




So i recently read an article about sugar and how it's basically terrible for us and corrodes our liver and causes all sorts of problems and gives us highs and lows just like an addictive drug really, and also how it was built on the backs of slavery, exploitation and blood.
And so for my health and my conscience i have decided to limit my self to 2 sugar shots (times where i eat sugary things like chocolate and pastries) a day
And believe me
It's incredibly difficult
especially when you're looking for snacks to nibble on
They all say
Oh have a carrot or some healthy tomatoes or whatever instead
But they don't realise how easy it is t just unwrap a chocolate bar rather than have to hop up and entire carrot
Anyway, i manage to stick to it half the time
The other times i feel incredibly guilty
Which is offset by the fact that sugar is s delicious
i am truly incorrigible
Another thing I'm trying to change is my 'phubbing'
Apparently phubbing is using your phone in social situations when you shouldn't be (cases in point in the video below)
I now turn off/don't turn to my phone is school, and only look at it before and after, and i try to go at least an hour between looking at my phone when i'm at home
this is difficult because of my tendency to
a)Not look like i have nothing to do
b) Unsureness of what to do with my hands in situations eg. on the train
c)Feel anxious about every little shiver my phone gives when it gets another message (Does that mean...What if...)
But i try

so please
help me in my endeavours
smack my hands when you see me reaching for the sugary stuff or the samsung

Thanks


No comments:

Post a Comment