Sunday, September 1, 2013

House dreams













Because i saw that thing with the woman living in her garden
I started thinking
what i want my house to look like in the future

For one thing
I really REALLY
REEEEEAAAAALLLLLYYY

Want  need a garden

If i live in the middle of a city with my neighbour's grey walls squashing my own house in between them i think i will just suffocate on forced cordiality and car fumes and die and despite the proximity of our houses my neighbours probably won't notice

In my garden
I will have a vegetable patch where i'll grow tomatoes and cucumbers (my love) and carrots and maybe potatos and perhaps and apple tree if i'm ambitious (and oh please when am i not ambitious)

and then i'll have a flower patch (I know it's supposed to be a flower garden or something much more elegant sounding but honestly i think if i try to make it look elegant it will probably end up looking like plastick so maybe not i'll just put things here and there and call it creative organic mess) with very tough flowers that can withstand my efforts to nurture them

And then when i have flowers exploding out of my garden i'll get them into bunches and hang them around my house and stuff them on tables and on mantelpieces and give them to neighbours (SEE why a garden is useful for friendly neighbourly relations?)

In my bedroom I'll have A humongous HUMONGOUS window so i big it's like a wall window so that i can wake up and it's like i'm actually outside and the sun is on my and the trees are above me. And then I'll have a huge rug curtain that i can drag across the window and make it instant-night/hide myself from peeping toms when i'm changing

I think i won't have many mirrors around the house except for one in the bathroom and one at my dressing table (more on that later) and then somewhere (probably the wall at the end of the hall) I'll have a mirror wall absolutely COVERED with lots and lots of mirrors so i can REFLECT everyday (he he he)

I'll have lots of clocks but not those ugly digital ones (Those just remind me of exams) I'll have those lovely analogue ones and i'll have one with an especially loud ticking sound because i love clock ticking sounds and they remind me of sleep (because i sleep with my alarm clock almost right next to my ear so the muted tick tock lulls me to sleep every night)

And i'll have assorted cups that i'll buy from thrift shops and  i'll imagine all the countless people who used to own the cups and where they got them from and what they drank in them and their life stories (though i mustn't think too hard or i'll start getting all saliva conscious)

My bed will have big fluffy sheets so I sleep in the clouds

My kitchen will be healthy (with desserts)

and durians will be prohibited

And I'll have photos printed out and framed and put up here and there (lots of pictures of my future adorable children heeheehee) and nothing will match but everything will go

Goodnight

#miriamsarchitectualdreams

p.s I'd love an attic

you can just imagine what it'd look like

p.p.s i realise that i've had this long held ambition of living in Silver Birches (grandma;s old house)
so much so that i had a dream that i was painting all the walls of Silver Birches white with my-i think-husband (???!!!!) and then we got tired and lay in the garden among the white daisies and he was in a white top and i was in a white top with light blue dungarees)

No comments:

Post a Comment