Thursday, August 4, 2011

GERMANY and SWITERLAND


Ok, i admit it, in Switzerland i was extra nice and maybe even...dare i say it...flirty with the ice cream man. And it worked. he gave me an extra big ice cream cone...which i later had trouble finishing. i was in the carnival mood, cos switzerland was just so darn pretty, it had stall selling raspberries, strawberries lots of other berries, flowers, toys and buskers with voices worthy if American idol...or better. This lovely group of men singing under a bridge were so good that i danced a bit for them, and gave them some euro, and i slid down the Bannister of a Swiss stairway, and pretended i was not a super stressed Singaporean girl. I pranced, danced and glissaded my way through those BEAUTIFUL streets. i felt like a fairy in my billowy blue skirt, in a magical land where everyone sang and loved and ate ice cream.
And in Germany, we (me Hannah, Tim, Parents, simren, reshem) were walking up a mountain when reshem pointed out a stone that was gleaming wet in the sun
"cool" i said, feeling it to affirm its wetness
Reshem looked at me strangely and said that it was probably fox pee pee that wet the stone. I wiped it on my shirt and hurried on, thoroughly embarrassed.
And the day we left Germany, a shaft of sunlight burst through the clouds on to the fields below like a beautiful song and gave me a perfect last memory.
I just can't explain all my experiences in Germany and Switzerland  here...you've got to feel it yourself.
Suffice to say, you really understand why god blessed the earth and rested on the seventh day of his creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment