Saturday, February 22, 2014

locked out



The other day i got locked out of the house because i forgot to bring home my keys and dad and tim were out and mum was in new zealand and hannah was in china so it was just a little inconvenient to get keys from anyone.

First i panicked because i had so many things planned on my to do list (which i still haven't completed) then i tried to pick the lock with a safety pin i found in my bag, and, failing which, i wrote a heavily bolded pencil note saying "CALL MIRIAM WHEN YOU SEE THIS" Hoping that the bold pencil scribble and the third person (as opposed to first person) reference would make it seem like an amateur kidnapper's ransom note and therefore catch the attention of Dad/ Tim (to make sure they didn't panic i write in small print below "I'm in Wessex Tavern-forgot my keys!" and added a smiley for extra reassurance) and then headed down to wessex tavern

Where who should i meet but Mrs Gill my history teacher 2 years ago

It was nice seeing her, and hearing from her (and it was probably the first time I've seen her without lipstick), because she was always such a nice teacher. Although our conversation was rather generic (How is school?) the actual "seeing someone who you haven't seen for a really long time and when you do see them reminds you of how much they actually impacted your life"  feeling made it a heart warming meeting nonetheless

I had a spinach and mushroom quiche and a chocolate milkshake in the cafe, under the watchful eye of the tavern owner who occasionally burped or dropped cutlery but was rather nice on the whole. I think he felt rather bad for his commotion because he apologised furiously after each one-perhaps he empathised with my struggle to wrestle with vectors (near 2 hours of math)

This is why i like Thursdays when i don't have to stay in school

No comments:

Post a Comment