Saturday, February 22, 2014

5 metre radius



Last Monday the class held a fund raiser and it was mostly a fantastic day-we sold out of cookies and pineapple rice within three hours and i was surrounded by my favourite people for the most part of the day  "Tater Tots" or trying hard to convince everyone that tater tots were an absolutely ESSENTIAL part of tehir diet

But somewhere in the day, when i was eating my own (heavenly) bowl of pineapple rice, i was called because apparently there was someone who wouldn't buy anything unless i was the one serving.

If that was in a movie, or even in a book, it would probably be romantic or heart warming, something to do with the longing and need between lovers. But. I did not know this person personally. e weren't more than friends or even really friends for that matter. The closest I'd classify him would be an acquaintance, and so i was rather shocked and squirmy when i heard that.

It was

So

SO

awkward.

And i shall spare the details because they weren't very interesting and also embarrassing.

But anyway. I thoroughly hated that episode because i felt like an object. Something someone who didn't understand my heart or even my thoughts (which is more complex i still don't know) but could still conjure my presence . (This is why i will never make a good waitress/sales girl i would feel thoroughly dehumanised every day)

Anyway now it's supremely weird when i see this guy and all in all i feel rather sorry for him because everything is just so embarrassing and strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment