Monday, September 10, 2012


MMMM
i want to go to america
and walk the streets of New york in cool shorts/ crazy sweater/ embellished skirts
and no one will give you the "hello?!" stare
because it seems like that happens all the time

LIKE HERE!!!
one of the best DIY blogs i;ve seen, absolutely love it "http://apair-andaspare.blogspot.sg/"

DIY INSPIRATION: ON THE STREETS OF #NYFW
It's been a busy few days in New York and I can't help but be inspired by all the truly amazing fashion I've seen around me. Naturally, seeing so many beautiful things makes me want to run out and buy it all, but a girl's gotta eat right? So here are a few cheap and chic ideas for how to get the look from the street, without blowing the budget.

Ripped and painted denim shorts? Yes please!
(This is miriam here: check out the necklaces!and also how many people do you knwo that wear green on a regular basis? I only know hannah, and she only wears a skirt, and she isn't counted cos she's special-or maybe she counts too much to be able to be counted. ok never mind i'm tripping myself up)

I'm so going to dress up a simple white tee using pretty fabric scraps.
(This is miriam here: this is actually practical and singapore wearable. After o level project i foresee)
Not so easy, but a DIY lace skirt is on my radar. Stat.
(This is miriam here: casual and classy? i like! but somehow i have this feeling that i won;t pull it off.still i'll try one day and see. perhaps. perhaps.)


Can't wait to add a detachable sheer layer to my skirts!
(this is miriam here: i'm intrigued by her hair!)


Why just go for one embellishment? Add coins, pom poms, gold lace and ribbon to your skirt asap.
(This is miriam here: i can't describe how much i love this. I'M GOING TO MAKE THIS IF I HAVE TO TRY 5 TIMES)
ADR's accessories collection for H&M is killer (so I hear), and these gold sunglasses scream painted plastic alligators glued onto a pair of simple sunnies. Yep yep.
(this is miriam here: sadly, no one wears sunglasses in singapore, though it's totally and absolutely practical! maybe i'll set a nation wide trend! haha. watch out for the girl with the golden sunglasses after the o levels. i'll be sashaying down the streets with babling babling shining from my eyes)

No comments:

Post a Comment