Sunday, August 5, 2012

wise words on a swing


today as i waited for Shana to bring out the badminton rackets, i climbed up the junior hill and sat on their swing.
i noticed panda the cat was sitting below me and gazing at me with her inscrutable cat eyes, so i commenced to talk to her.
"hey Panda, i love swinging. when i tilt back i see the sun through the leaves and trillions of different greens and all of them within eye view.
and i can see my hair in my shadow.
it's all long a tangly like in movies
but of course that's my shadow
do you think i'm a hippie, Panda?
i sometimes think i'm a hippie
but then perhaps not because i'm not like the hippies i know
but then again they aren;t really hippies, or maybe they are to themselves
i'll be a hippie to myself then, panda.
you know, i want to stay here forever.
this place is so perfect, it's like those secret places lovers run to in movies.
maybe one day i'll bring someone special here, and we'll swing on Shana's swing and i'll swing so he can see the sun in my hair
and then i'll teach him to swing, and we'll jump on the trampoline too, and he'll bounce me high and i won;t be the only one bouncing other people.
and then we'll go to the cliff and watch the sun set so we can walk home in the dark when it's cool and the mosquitoes are biting
and  maybe i'll have my first kiss as i watch the sun go down
yes maybe.
i want my first kiss to be really special, with someone special"

i think Panda found all my romantic talk distasteful because she ran into the shrubbery then
but musing to a cat is oh so nice

2 comments:

  1. Oh Miriam......you're such a romantic.....
    no wonder Panda ran away..... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my mother says i'm and escapist (Escapism is mental diversion by means of entertainment or recreation, as an "escape" from the perceived unpleasant or banal aspects of daily life. It can also be used as a term to define the actions people take to help relieve persisting feelings of depression or general sadness.) maybe i'm a romantic escapist, someone who daydreams about l-o-v-e :) hahaha ok i shall put that in my job description one day. hobbies: romantic escapism and talking to cats. i think that'll make me stand out from the crowd definitely

    ReplyDelete