Monday, August 13, 2012

the fear in the night



my brother always locks the balcony door at night
and he doesn;t just lock it, he double locks it, clicking the catch thing on the doorknob and fastening the catch at the bottom of the door
and i don't understand why?
i think perhaps he's afraid kidnappers might climb up the balcony (despite us living on the 3rd floor) into our room and kidnap hannah me tim. or worse, grandpa bear ( :) )
but all he really does is shut of the wind that comes from the balcony which would be welcome seeing as we have no aircon
so i think it is an irrational fear
but then who a, i to talk of irrational fears when i used to be certain there was an old woman with straggly greasy hair living under my bed, waiting to plunge an injection into me.
(i shall talk more about my irrational childhood fears another time, but she was one of the chief bedtime ones)

No comments:

Post a Comment