Thursday, November 24, 2011

hello, is it me you're looking for?


My mother is forever trying to teach me good phone manners, so whenever i pick up the phone i'm supposed to say:

"Hello, this is Miriam speaking. Who would you like to speak to?"

But usually i forget and just go;

"Hello" (which in my humble opinion, is much easier and quicker)

So yesterday my mum called and i delivered the customary, concise hello. She said she'd call me back and i was to give the proper
"Hello, this is Miriam speaking. Who would you like to speak to?"

SO she called again and i picked up the phone and then a giggle attack hit me and i just giggled weakly into the phone for about 30 seconds before gasping
"Hello, this is Miriam. You have to talk to me because i'm the only one here."

My mum gave up trying to make me speak properly into the phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment