Tuesday, March 7, 2017

07/03/2017


Hello hello

It's been a while, and a lot has happened, and I have thirteen drafts on my blog dashboard that I started and haven't finished because, well, words haven't been very sufficient for me in the past couple of weeks.

Somethings that have been sufficient though were:

Leaning my head on Timmy's shoulder and looking round at my cousins, and knowing that there is something immensely strong and secure about a family suffused with love

Time to sit by the river and write a last letter

Hugging Hannah after running the final 21km

Seeing Mum in the seats at Evensong before singing the finest Gloria ever written in Howell's Collegium Regale

Not being able to film the cremation as I was tasked to because I was crying too much, but then seeing Dad take the camera and feeling the relief of knowing it didn't matter.

Seeing the most beautiful salmon pink sunset just before coming back to Cambridge, the sunset from the west-facing window in Grandma's house, which she always gave thanks for.

Always, always the comfort of God, in song and verse and creation. A breath of wind on tear-wrenched eyes, 'and God will wipe away all tears from their eyes' in Bainton's 'And I saw a New Heaven', and new mornings after tired nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment