Thursday, May 16, 2013

Name songs


Recently my friend introduced me to this absolutely brilliant song calles Laura by Bat for Lashes

 
and it's so haunting and beautiful it makes you wish your name was laura

There are so many other songs with names in them

Like
Betty Davis Eyes
Hey Jude
Sweet Caroline
Billy Jean
Beth
Grace Kelly
Valerie

But i thought there was no song for me
No song called Miriam

But one day (yesterday actually) i stumbled across a song called Miriam!
By Norah Jones

unfortunately (after the initial excitement of finding a ME song and listening to it) i realised that the songs is about Miriam who stole away Norah Jones' man and Morah Jones is seeking revenge.

And so the entire song was uncomfortable, not to mention creepy

Miriam/That's such a pretty name/I'm going to say it when i make you cry
Miriam/you know you've done me wrong/I'm going to smile when you say goodbye
Miriam/ that's such a pretty name/and i'll keep saying it until you die

/i'm going smile when i take your life/

1 comment: