Friday, September 16, 2016

Four fun things


1. I made the life-changing discovery that is Mustafa Centre. They have everything - from rice milk to mangos to dates by the aisle to dosa pre-mix. I picked up some of this vegan cheese, and had my first cheese and tomato sandwich in the longest time. I also love how vegan cheese website has quotes along the bottom of their page. “The time will come when men such as I will look on the murder of animals as they now look on the murder of men.” Leonardo da Vinci

2. We need more girls with confidence - here are two sources of inspiration (1) and (2)

"I love my hair, I love my haircuts... I can do anything good!"

3. If Vincent Van Gogh could see all he has made. I must admit I teared up myself. 'He transformed the pain of his tormented life into ecstatic beauty...'

4. I'm no longer sick! After losing my appetite for a few days when I had a constant stomach throb and diarrhea, I've realised how precious my usual state of good health is and how I've always taken that for granted. To wake up hungry and to be hungry is one of life's big blessings. While I was sick I was eating so much rice, rice porridge and plain fare. But yesterday I had three helpings of delicious salty black bean dip with guacamole and tortilla chips and vegan cheese - my appetite is most definitely back! Perhaps pancakes on Sunday...

No comments:

Post a Comment