Wednesday, September 21, 2016

21/09/2016


“Even
After
All this time
The Sun never says to the Earth,

"You owe me."

Look
What happens
With a love like that,
It lights the whole sky.”
― Hafiz

(not my old history teacher)

(I don't know who this hafiz is but he speaks truth)

This song makes me sleepy and happy in the best possible way. I'm adding this to my collection of 'Songs I will sing to my children in future'.

I came home today and had 2 delicious ice cream cookies sandwiches - I've been craving a crunchy cookie for the longest time, and perfected it with this recipe, except that I used regular plain flour instead of buckwheat or quinoa flour, and used less than the original recipe, starting with 100g and adding more if I feel like the mixture is too wet. These cookies with vanilla coconut bliss ice cream is a day done right. That and booking tickets to see Imogen in the Globe Theatre on the day I get back.

The mosquito foggers came walking round today, shrouding the estate in white fumes. Usually I lock the doors tight, and put the fan on it's highest speed to disperse the clouds, but as I reached out for the door on the balcony, I stepped out and realised how beautiful the sky still looks when it's behind a translucent filter of fog.

No comments:

Post a Comment