Sunday, September 21, 2014

Jane's Baptism



Yesterday evening I went over to St John's St Margaret's for Jane's baptism. I was so excited because honestly Jane has always been an inspiration to me in terms of how closely she walks with God and how gentle she is to the people around her.

So the service began with music and worship. The music was so loud i couldn't hear myself sing, which I liked because often even when I'm singing I feel conscious about my voice and how it sounds and i can't focus on worshipping 100% but it was a lot easier when i wasn't a voice anymore i was just part of a huge chorus.

They sang Mighty to save which has such meaningful words, words which spoke deeply to me in the second verse (So take me as you find me/ All my fears and failures/ Fill my life again) and also This is our God which was the youth camp 2013 song and it was nice to sing it again

The pastor spoke about the prodigal son and then they had a dance item and then THE BAPTISM!!!!

It was very different from our baptisms where you give your testimony first, because they had a whole throng of people getting baptised, and so there wasn't time, but the most beautiful part was after their baptism, when they all stood on stage and the congregation all prayed for them, and then everyone sang Oh! Happy Day! while they walked down the aisle and out of the sanctuary. It was so communal and symbolic and heartwarming, so celebratory.

I read Jane's testimony this morning, and i was so glad to know better her journey to baptism. Everyone has such a different road but I'm glad we all walk it all the same (Which reminds me of something i read this morning, about how the road may be difficult, but it's God that holds the map and lights the path, and therefore we know the pleasure of its destination)


No comments:

Post a Comment