Friday, October 25, 2013

lost in transit//see you see me


So last Friday, i was on the bus on the way to visit Yingying and eat some ice cream

I was reading The Poisonwood Bible (pretty amazing, although strange and, in my opinion, unsatisfactory)
But anyway, as with all fiction books i got pretty deep in, and hardly noticed when a lady sat next to me

After about 10 minutes, the lady took out her phone and began talking on it
And i thought

That voice

I stole a glance up from my book

and saw

My Mother

(!!!!!!!!!!!)

She'd sat beside me without recognising it, and i hadn't noticed her either
We went slightly hysterical with laughter in the bus after i said uhm HI MUM and she sort of jumped and then looked shocked and amazed and then burst out laughing

(now i think about it, it's quite sad that we didn't, but i still see it as a funny thing, because we had so much to laugh at afterward. Apparently it's exactly something grandma would do)




1 comment:

  1. Reading your old posts (because I am bedridden) and this really made my day :))

    ReplyDelete