Thursday, October 17, 2013

AND I RAN IN THE POURING RAIN



Sometimes i feel like Estella in Great Expectations-someone not very empathetic or emotion-y. Or at least unable to show emotion properly. And because i don't conventionally show love sometimes i question if i do. Love, that it.

But then occasionally things happen that restore my faith in how much i love other people.

10 9 2013 for instance.

I'd just finished my last paper (history) and i was pretty tired, but i still took the train to meet Weixin like i promised.

I waited at island creamery (not very surprised that i had to wait to be honest) but after 20 minutes i wondered if weixin had forgotten

Unfortunately my phone was out of credit
Fortunately i met an ex-OG friend by chance and she lent me her phone to call weixin and i found out that she'd just woken up and so

i went to Macdonalds and bought 2 cheeseburgers, 2 milos, 2 packets of chips and an oreo mcflurry (i hope you've eaten it weixin haha)

And then i realised it was raining like crazy and so i hugged the food to myself, wore my hoodie (which almost covered my shorts) pulled up my shorts and ran through the silver sheets of rain to weixin's house

As i was running i thought how romantic this was and how i'd love for my future husband to be willing to do that for ME and also how stupid i was not to carry an umbrella and also how this was basically proof that I love weixin and i can show my friend-love and also that she is a lazy pig hahaha (only semi kidding about that last bit)

When i got in weixin scolded me and then her mum scolded me for not telling them that i didn't have an umbrella and asked if i needed a shower and gave me a nice warm towel and then we had a fast food picnic and talked about boys and work and the american government and life

No comments:

Post a Comment