Monday, June 11, 2012

one week with my mother


So basically, this week daddy, hannah and tim went to malaysia for church camp (while i was stuck in singapore becasue of extended curriculum) but you know whta? i stayed at home with my mum and it was fun, just the two of us.

One day we went for dinner at Great World City.
It was awesome :)
we had dinner from the Soupery in the food court ( i had chicken stew, she had chicken curry) and we just ate and talked and my mother noticed a couple who were talking yet not talking. The guys was spewing out words like a machine gun and he was really passionate about everything he was saying but his girlfriend (or maybe even wife, unfortunately) just wasn;t listening.
i thought it was pretty sad on both sides.
the girl was stuck with a guy who wouldn;t shut up about something that bored her pants off,
the guy was stuck with a girl who wouldn;t make the effort to interest herself in somehting he loved

then, we went to the Body Shop, which is something i always love because the aromas that permeate the Body shop are just so beautiful.
its a mix of love and humanity. a scent of earth and charity.
it just calms me down and transcends my thoughts and digs deep and says 'you're safe, you're loved'

sorry, i'm babbling.

after my mother's (ever futile) search for a nice scent, we went to marks and sparks to look at trousers (for my mother, my budget does not cover a $100 pair of pants)

and then we went to da paolo to get a chocolate scone and spaghetti sauce for the next night's dinner.

I don;t know, it was a simplenday out and something we do almost every sunday but it was so relaxed and simple and pleasing (the fact that my mother took time out to spend with me <3) that just warmed my heart.

I did other silly things with my mum too, like making paper waterbombs (taught from the 'dangerous book for boys' ) and dropping them off the edge of the balcony.

it's times like these where i remember how much my mum actually is like me and how we do share common interests .

<3 my mother.

i shall defend her always.\

No comments:

Post a Comment