Thursday, October 27, 2011

you win some,you lose some

This evening, my brother revealed that he had received a credit for his maths test. it was a commendable achievement on his part, but i had to bite my tongue from blurting out that I had got a high distinction for my writing test. Thankfully i didn't say it, though at that moment i felt a slight twinge of injustice.

just because my achievements surpassed tim's, did it mean i had to hide mine?
but of course.

I got the explanation from a favorite book of mine, the little world of Don Camillo:

Don Camillo reflected awhile. "In fact," he said, "it was better that the others should win."


"Exactly, Don Camillo."

"Then, Lord," said Don Camillo, "I thank you for having allowed me to lose. And if I tell you that I accept the defeat as a punishment for my dishonesty, You must believe that I am really penitent."

i mean, what really is wrong with losing? :) or pretending to?

No comments:

Post a Comment