Thursday, October 20, 2011

literary heroines

sometimes i feel i can identify with the characters i read in books more than the people around me in real life.
For example, Anne frank, and the march sisters.

Like Anne, i have the outside Miriam and the inside Miriam, the tactless, overly-chatty or sometimes so shy that its just awkward, and i have the deeper, more peaceful Miriam who like Anne, "hides behind (her) chatty exterior" because i don't want to open up too much, in case i can never  get myself back.

Then just like the march sisters, i have the quirks and sins that i struggle with.

Like Meg, I'm a vain thing that likes comfort.
like Jo, i have a quick temper, and when i get angry, i get really mad. and like Jo, i found that just walking away and realising that whatever others said is just silly little things not worth me getting all riled up over, helps alot.
like Beth, I'm afraid of meeting new people, and get horribly shy.
like Amy, I'm a perfectionist and have a flat nose that is the bane of my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment